|Key dates||Deadline: Monday 9 September 2019|
|Eligibility||UK higher and further education institutions|
The British Council has launched the UK-China Outward Mobility Internationalisation Partnership Fund as part of the Generation UK campaign. The fund is designed to support Chinese higher education institutions to develop their wider internationalisation strategies through their partnerships with UK universities.
We are now calling for proposals from UK higher and further education institutions interested in supporting and developing internationalisation and outward student mobility initiatives between the UK and China.
Projects the fund will support
The funding is for UK institutions to design and deliver projects that support Chinese higher education institutions in developing their wider internationalisation strategies through partnerships with UK universities. The fund aims to build the capacity of Chinese institutions for greater, improved outward mobility from the UK, by enabling UK institutions to share their experience and expertise of hosting international students with their Chinese university partners.
Projects should be designed to meet the following two objectives:
- support Chinese provincial governments and higher education institutions to strengthen their internationalisation strategies and increase their capacity to host an increased number of international students from the UK through capacity-building initiatives
- lead to an increased and sustainable flow of UK students studying or taking up mobility programmes in China.
Projects in receipt of funding will be expected to start in January 2020 and can run until March 2021.
For each project, funding of up to £30,000 will be awarded per institution, covering the whole project duration.
Benefits to your institution
- Develop new partnerships or strengthen existing partnerships with Chinese education institutions.
- Collaborate and share best practice with Chinese institutions on international student recruitment and student experience for long-term, sustainable impact.
- Increase outward student mobility from your institution to China.
- Position your institution as a leader in outward mobility internationalisation with China.
The UK-China Outward Mobility Internationalisation Partnership Fund is open to UK organisations involved in international higher education, including education authorities, research organisations, awarding bodies, universities and colleges.
How to apply
Please complete the application form and email it along with all supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Hannah Silverleaf (Outward Mobility Manager, British Council China). The deadline for submissions is Monday 9 September 2019.
For further enquiries, please contact email@example.com