Image copyright: Mat Wright
Call for applications
Deadline for expression of interest: 18 May 2014
About this opportunity:
Students are invited to participate in a scholarship programme at Universidade Paulista (UNIP) in São Paulo, Brazil. Brazil is one of the newest economic powers in the world, and this scholarship programme is a great opportunity to get to know the country, and open up new academic and professional horizons. So far, the scholarship programme has received students from more than 25 different countries.
This scholarship programme is designed to take place during the holidays and, as a result, there is a 70% discount on the regular price. This short-term programme takes place every year in:
The following multicultural courses are available:
1. Strategy & Marketing for Emerging Countries: this three week certificate programme focuses on strategy and marketing in the context of emerging countries. The course is given in English and covers the following areas:
- Strategy and competitiveness: basic concepts and BRICS countries context
- Strategic and marketing aspects of conquering markets in low incoming countries
- Current economic scenario of Brazil and other emerging countries
- Industrial and consumer markets: key elements for understanding emerging countries
- Foreign trade and direct investment
- Logistics and structure
- Legal aspects: investing and working
- Sustainable development in emerging countries
- Guided visits to enterprises and organizations
- Guided visit to the Port of Santos (optional)
- Survival Portuguese (optional)
2. Survival Portuguese: aims to provide students with some basic communicative aspects of the Portuguese language (grammar, business etiquette and day-by-day contexts).
Please note that upon request, students will be issued transcripts for the course.
UNIP is a non-profit private university that is interested in receiving students from all over the world. This programme is designed for undergraduates who are third year or fifth semester, but graduates can also participate. There is no restriction on field of study and no background in the Portuguese language is required to be eligible for the programme.
Please note that this opportunity is external to the British Council and has been provided by UNIP.
How can I apply?
All interested candidates should contact email@example.com no later than 18 May 2014 for an application form and further detailed information regarding the course.