Consultancy service for scoping research on the internationalisation of the Philippine higher education sector
Invitation to quote (ITQ)
Deadline for clarification questions: Friday 27 March 2015 (17:00hrs, Philippine time)
ITQ Submission deadline: Monday 6 April 2015 (17:00hrs, Philippine time)
Final decision and intention to award announced: Friday 10 April 2015
Inception report: Wednesday 15 April 2015
Suggested travel to the Philippines: Monday 20 to Friday 24 April 2015
Submission of final report: Tuesday 5 May 2015
We are looking for an expert in the higher education sector to conduct a scoping visit to the Philippines. The main goal of this assignment is to identify and analyse the current status of the Philippines’ higher education sector and how it could be developed and supported to achieve its aspiration of internationalisation.
The assignment will also seek to provide an analysis of:
- Existing policies and regulations relating to the internationalisation of higher education
- The priorities of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and other stakeholders for the internationalisation of the higher education sector, and
- Opportunities and challenges for internationalisation.
The selected consultant will produce a comprehensive report and strategic plan for British Council to develop higher education work. The report will include the following information:
- Comparison of higher education internationalisation with other ASEAN countries
- Philippines involvement/commitment to regional and international development efforts related to higher education, particularly on internationalisation of the sector
- Analysis of opportunities and challenges of internationalisation
- Identification of priorities for internationalisation of the higher education sector
- Recommendations and roadmap for how the sector – and specifically CHED – can take this forward
- Recommendations on: (a) how UK and the British Council can provide support to CHED in the internationalisation of higher education sector; and (b) areas for collaborative development between UK and British Council and relevant institutions engaged in higher education work.
How to apply
Please download the full invitation to quote below for details of how to apply.
Any clarification questions should be submitted via email to Lotus.Postrado@britishcouncil.org.ph no later than 17:00hrs (Philippine time) on 27 March 2015.