|Type||Expression of interest|
|Key dates||Deadline: Friday 15 November 2019|
Mentor university required to partner with the Government of India to establish the National Sport University (NSU) in Manipur, India
The British Council is assisting the Secretary, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education and the Government of India to identify one or more UK university/ies to collaborate and mentor the newly established National Sports University (NSU) at Imphal, State of Manipur.
The scope of the work:
- Develop courses relevant to sports science by designing syllabus, modules, hands on training protocols with credit hours which is at par with international standards.
- Develop eligibility criteria for selection of students and faculties specific to each course(s).
- Develop a capacity building programme for faculties with best practices including short and long-term programmes in the UK university as teaching assistants, research fellows or visiting faculty to enable them to imbibe professionalism, work culture and learn skills and knowledge related to process, compliance, policy and international sports protocols.
- Assign UK university faculty on a long-term teaching and development assignment of minimum 2-3 years to spearhead and mentor the developments of various departments in all aspects, which would lift the departments to international standards.
- Consultancy and support in setting up a ‘Centre for Excellence’ at the National Sports University, Imphal which would provide state-of-the-art training facilities with support of sports science to enable sportsmen of the country to reach optimal potential and win medals for the country at international competitions.
- Support in conducting high quality research in the field of sports and sports science which would supplement to the objective of the sports university.
This opportunity draws inspiration from elite sports UK universities and should conform to the international standards set for their own universities. The National Sports University is being set in a hub and spoke model where once it is fully established it will gradually encompass all centres of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and would be the ‘Apex University’ for supporting and implementing courses and applications in the field of sports for the country.
- UK HEIs
How to apply:
Submit a proposal describing the scope of work (what is included and excluded), general approach and methodology, work programme with timelines and financial proposal. Including CVs of the university team, including relevant and previous experience to Vishu Sharma at email@example.com