|Type||Call for expression of interest|
|Key Dates||Response deadline: Monday 15 October 2018|
|Eligibility||UK higher and further education institutions|
The Lagos State Government (LASG) is seeking international education partners to support its ambition to set up international-standard higher education institutions in Lagos. As part of its wider education strategy, LASG has also set out to comprehensively restructure the TVET system within the state and are seeking prospective investors and collaborators to lend their expertise or resources, set up vocational training centres, and help infuse global best practices into the Lagos State TVET system
Proposed partnership types:
- Financial investment to set up an institution in the state.
- Provision of technical expertise and/or infrastructure to support specific education models.
- Setting up a University in the state (Branch Campus)
- Technical support and resources to set up the Lagos State ODL University
- The set up of TVET Centres in the priority areas identified by the State.
- Technical expertise to design programs
- Partnerships to award joint degrees where appropriate.
NB LASG is open to examining proposals from interested parties and welcomes partnership offers which aren't listed above
The LASG contacted the British Council in Nigeria earlier this year to express an interest in partnering with international institutions to support its ambition to set up international standard higher education institutions in Lagos. LASG requested the British Council’s support to broker a meeting for them to engage with UK Higher Education institutions with strong ODL programmes.
The British Council organised a meeting for the LASG to meet with a cross-section of UK institutions and organisations working in the Higher Education and TVET sectors in June 2018.
How to Apply
Please complete the Request for Proposal Template (below) and send your completed application to Sephora.firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 15 October 2018.