Image (c) Mat Wright
Application deadline: Friday 18 July 2014
Seminar Series: Tuesday 9 September to Friday 12 September 2014
Research and innovation is increasingly developed and transferred through international collaboration. The British Council aims to share UK experience and knowledge to develop the innovation capacity in Turkey through this seminar series. These seminars will provide opportunities to encourage new ideas, foster new opportunities for innovation that will lead to mutual benefits for the UK and Turkey.
These half day seminars in each university will bring together academics, researchers and techno park managers as well as business representatives working on technology development in each city to learn about innovation practices, opportunities, tools and structures in the UK. The programme will include good practices from the UK as well as the interaction of the UK research sector with industry.
The seminar series will take place in emerging cities: Mersin, Konya, Gaziantep and Istanbul. The cities are selected based on the development potential and their research capacity. These cities host 59 public and foundation universities with significant student and academic researcher capacity and have well established industrial infrastructure which is open to capacity development through research and innovation.
9 September 2014: Istanbul Seminar
10 September 2014: Konya Seminar
11 September 2014: Mersin Seminar
12 September 2014: Gaziantep Seminar
We are looking for innovation experts from the UK to address these seminars. A modest honorarium will be paid and all travel expenses will be covered by the British Council.
Benefits of the programme:
UK scientific research sector could benefit via:
- Connection with the innovation leaders and research experts in Turkey.
- Increased access to renowned university and technopark contacts to explore future opportunities in established and emerging regions of Turkey that are recipients of governmental funds for international collaborations.
- Opportunites to showcase UK expertise and knowledge on innovation, academia-industry links and to share the latest structure with the business and research community in Turkey.
- Development of ideas and explore collaborative opportunities across UK and Turkey markets.
Turkish scientific research sector could benefit via:
- More qualified R&D in sectors with high technologies by learning from good practice from the UK.
- Expansion of research networks of local researchers to increase involvement in international research collaboration.
- Creation of opportunities to develop education partnerships which would lead to improvement in quality of education in Turkey.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate research and work experience in innovation for at least five years and preferably hold a PhD degree in a relevant discipline.
How to apply
Please submit an expression of interest of 500 words with an outline of your proposal and accompanying CV to Neslihan.Boncuk@britishcouncil.org.tr by 18 July 2014.