Kings University is a non-profit (faith-based) private tertiary institution located in south western Nigeria. Its vision is to build skilled and qualified graduates with the capability to drive the development of a technologically advanced nation.
The University started operations in 2016 and presently has two faculties:
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences
Although relatively new, Kings University is on track to becoming a world-class private tertiary institution. To support its ambition for excellence, growth and scale, the institution is interested in developing international partnerships that will strengthen its technical capacity and expertise in the areas of research, development and innovation (RDI).
Specific areas of focus and collaboration include:
- Research for achievement of food security and improvement of nutrition through the production of pest-resistant and high-yielding tomatoes using genetic engineering and biotechnology
- Research for the utilisation of brewer spent grain, yeast and metal-nanoparticles to produce paper
- Capacity development for the training of indigent students in computer literacy
- Development of a standard library system