|Key dates||Deadline: Thursday 31 January 2019|
Food and Agriculture and Biotechnology is one of the key focus areas of the government’s Thailand 4.0 initiative to move Thailand from an industry-based economy to that of science and technology, research development and innovation. The government set up the Food Innopolis at the Thailand Science Park in 2016 as a global food innovation hub to support research and development and innovation for the food industry, amassing over 32 food related companies and 23 higher education institutions with more planning on joining.
The UK similarly is a thriving centre for research and product development in food and drink, pioneering ethical, health and convenience foods and is leading in the development of stable, ethical and traceable global supply chains. In addition, it hosts some of the world’s best collaborations between universities and food and drink companies.
We are working in partnership with Food Innopolis, the National Science Technology and Innovation Policy Office, to forge partnerships and create a knowledge sharing platform between universities and food industry in Thailand and the UK.
The Foresight for Food: Train the Trainer project aims to:
- set up strategic direction for Thai universities on strategic foresight processes through development of a roadmap;
- increase knowledge transfer and engagement between Thai and UK universities and the food industry sectors;
- build capacity of Thai institutions through expertise from the UK;
- expand gateway for Thai industry to work with UK industry;
We are looking for 2 UK experts to:
- deliver a 5-day workshop in Thailand with aim of outlining a roadmap for food research and innovation development in Thailand;
- plan UK study visit for Thai universities to learn best practice from UK universities;
- prsent the roadmap to Ministry of Science and Technology, related government and science agencies, universities and industry sectors.
Maximum budget available is £8,500.
How to apply
Please download RFP and Annexes below: