Expressions of interest in participating in Generation UK–India for the chance to support the outward mobility of students to India.
The deadline for institutions to register their interest has now closed.
Institutions may still be able to be a part of the Generation UK–India programme - please contact the team on the email address given below for further information.
Student placements will begin from July 2015.
Generation UK–India is a programme that aims to build collaboration, engagement and trust between the UK and India. Over the next five years the British Council will work with partners to support young people and professionals from the UK to gain study and work experience in India.
Opportunities for students will include:
- Cultural immersion placements
- Teaching assistantships
- Work placements
What is on offer for academic institutions in the UK?
Generation UK–India can benefit your institution by:
- Promoting the benefits of gaining experience and skills abroad.
- Increasing the number of students from your institution undertaking international experience specifically in India.
- Helping with the development of new partnerships with organisations in India.
- Supporting existing partnerships and placements with India – your students going to India through university partnerships could join Generation UK–India briefings or training.
- Offering briefings and training on campus for staff and students.
How can institutions get involved?
Areas that we are looking for support in are:
- Promoting Generation UK–India opportunities to your student body including hosting events.
- Offering guidance and support for applicants from your university.
- Shortlisting of candidates.
- Funding support
- Developing partnerships and opportunities in India.
For more information visit http://www.britishcouncil.org/education/ihe/what-we-do/generation-uk-india
How to apply
Email the Generation UK–India team on email@example.com to confirm your interest to participate in the programme. Please also confirm the areas of support that you can offer.
Once we have received your expression of interest you will be included in our mailing list, invited to briefings on the programme and be supported to market the opportunity to your students.
Students interested in signing up for opportunities should visit our Study Work Create India opportunities page: www.britishcouncil.org/study-work-create-india.