Deadline to submit expressions of interest: Thursday 22 February 2018
Deadline to submit final report: Monday 30 April 2018
|Eligibility||UK consultants and research organisations|
We are looking for a consultant to produce a report that will help us to design a programme that will create links between higher education institutions in the UK and Wider Europe to support the creative industries sector.
Aims and objectives
1. Report on the creative entrepreneurship and enterprise centres across the UK University sector. This will include:
- Identifying which UK Universities operate their own creative enterprise centres and which have particular sector expertise.
Finding case studies of the most common business and operational models. Including: how businesses are identified as being suitable for support, whether business founders are still studying or are recent graduates, how long the support programme is, what resources are available to the businesses in the centres, what training is given, what networking opportunities are available, what funding is available, how the centres are funded, whether HEIs and/or external sponsors take equity in the businesses.
- Understanding HEIs relationships with other creative hub centres in the cities in which they operate.
- Understanding HEIs relationships with local businesses in the cities where they operate.
- Identifying HEIs experience, ability and ambition to engage internationally – especially in Wider Europe.
- Producing a summary of the national policy framework that supports creative enterprise in UK.
2. Drawing together existing research from existing reports from six countries: Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and South Caucuses. To provide a baseline of:
- National policies supporting entrepreneurship education.
- Institutional history of engagement in this area of work.
- Summary of higher education sector in selected countries.
- Supporting agencies and creative hubs networks.
- Municipal and local governments who are particularly “enterprise friendly” and offer support mechanisms to micro and small businesses. (access to finance, low cost rents, tax breaks etc)
3. Produce a set of recommendations (based on the findings above) that will help us better understand what factors need to be considered for potential enterprise hubs to succeed in Wider Europe.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please download the supplier response form below and submit it to Michael.Peak@britishcouncil.org by Thursday 22 Feb 2018.
For any queries regarding this call, please contact: Regional Director, Education and Society, Wider Europe, Richard.email@example.com