Apply by: Monday 22 January 2018
Start date: Monday 19 february 2018
End date: Thursday 15 March 2018
|Eligibility||Experts, Advisors, Consultants on Higher Education Systems, Curriculum Development, English LanguageTeaching|
We are looking for a consultant to provide the Turkish Council of Higher Education (COHE) with a set of recommendations to create the core principles for a quality standards framework for English Language Preparatory Programmes in Turkish universities. The consultant will also set the roadmap for universities to agree the quality standards framework.
The job will involve:
- An analysis, based on material provided by the British Council and telephone interviews with stakeholders, of how quality is approached currently in the Turkish context with reference to previous work done by the British Council in Turkey (approx.7 days, February 2018).
- Providing input on how quality in English is approached in other contexts at national and institutional level (approx. 5 days, February 2018)
- Planning and moderating a one day quality assurance workshop at the COHE with members from the COHE, the HE Quality Council and Directors of Schools of Foreign languages (approx. 10 days including Ankara/Istanbul visit 26 February – 2 March 2018)
- Writing a report to outline the recommendations from the workshop to the COHE on how the national quality framework in English should be approached, its scope and pilot implementation (5 days March 2018)
- Working closely with the British Council office in Ankara to agree review informants and ensure that the workshop and the report are relevant and suitable to the Turkish Context
We anticipate that review, workshop planning and report writing will be done from the consultant’s base country. Workshop moderation and any pre-workshop consultations will take place in Ankara and/or Istanbul.
- A thorough understanding of English Language Teaching at tertiary level
- Knowledge and understanding of national and international quality/accreditation schemes, for English at tertiary level
- Knowledge and experience of national and institutional quality schemes in English at tertiary level
- Skills to plan and deliver effective workshops to policy makers
- Excellent writing skills
- Minimum 5 years teaching/management experience in English at tertiary level
- PHD Degree in Education, Assessment and Evaluation, Language Policy
- Experience in teaching EAP and/or ESP at tertiary level
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your tailored CV and summary (max 2 pages) on how you would approach the review and workshop planning to the above requirements, and your proposed daily fee to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 22 Jan 2018. Please note we can only respond to successful applicants and only within 10 days of the application deadline.