|Type||Call for proposals|
Deadline: Friday 23 August 2019
Delegation to take place between March and May 2020
|Eligibility||UK higher education institutions|
The British Council Colombia would like to send a delegation of 12-15 Colombian executives to visit the UK hosted by a university and their business school.
Purpose of the mission
The key aim of the mission is for Colombian executives to gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of different business sectors in the UK, exporting and international commerce and the Brexit transition and opportunities. Through this mission, we hope to demonstrate the existing potential of doing business in the UK which may lead in the growth of business connections and stronger commercial exchange between the two countries.
Duration: 3 to 5 days
Tentative dates: between March – May, 2020
- Industry 4.0
- Fashion System
- Metalworking (Materials and construction)
- Chemistry and life sciences
We would like a host UK university to provide an overview of the topics and sessions including but not limited to what is mentioned below:
- UK market overview, challenges, opportunities and entry strategies
- Political and economic environment
- Investment climate
- International trade
- Brexit: this should include information on the implications of working with the UK upon leaving the European Union.
- Soft skills workshops: Including topics such as negotiations, intercultural skills, doing business in the UK, cross cultural team building, among others.
The course component would preferably be certified by the business school.
- Networking opportunities
- Visits to local and international companies.
- Desirable to include a visit to a local airport if covering the logistics sector
The proposal must include the following fees:
- Meals (breakfast and lunch)
- Local transfers
- Translation services
- Programme and activity fees
How to apply
Please send your expression of interest to Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23 August 2019. Your proposal should include the following information:
- Description of institution and business school
- Proposed programme, specifying courses, lectures, and additional activities.
- Proposed budget and breakdown of costs
Universities may also apply as part of a consortium, clearly specifying responsibilities and division of the programme between partner institutions.