Apply by: Friday 22 January 2016
Delivery of the programme: February 2016 (dates to be confirmed - maximum of 12 days)
We are seeking proposals from institutions/organisations in the UK to deliver a leadership training programme for a group of 25 Vice-Chancellors of Higher Education Institutions of Pakistan.
The aim of the training programme is to improve the participants’ strategic planning and leadership, and enhance their capacities by introducing management tools and providing an orientation to working with UK universities.
The leadership programme should focus on the following topics:
- Developing strategic thinking and planning; organizational structural changes for effective management team building, working conflict management, financing
- Strategic planning framework with special reference to the mission/vision and different strategies which each university should have according to their macro and micro environment
- Good governance; strategies for organizational excellence and practicing good governance
- Financial management; financial planning/ budgeting self-reliance income generation mechanisms, resource management and commercialization
- Academic innovation; teacher and management training, continuous professional development and capacity building of university related stakeholders
- Research excellence; research creating impact on the economy of the countries
The programme should include visits to relevant institutions / organisation, visits to cultural sites and meetings with other stakeholders.
Accommodations and transports should also be arranged by the organisation delivering the programme.
International flights and Visa facilitation for the UK will be arranged by the British Council Pakistan.
How to apply
Please submit an up-to-date profile of the organisation, technical and financial proposal and a covering letter stating how you meet the criteria required for this work to:
Hamza Salim Ahmed, Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org