Deadline for nominated candidates to submit applications: Monday 12 February 2018.
|Eligibility||UK higher education institutions|
We are inviting UK higher education institutions to submit nominations for the British Council India 70th Anniversary Scholarships.
2018 marks 70 years of the British Council in India. We have been inspired by India every day of the last 70 years and want to build on the connections and impact of our work, share those stories and inspire millions of young people for the next 70 years.
As part of our 70th anniversary, we will fund scholarships for Indian women and girls to study a Master’s programme in STEM subjects in the UK for the academic year 2018/2019.
The aim of the British Council India 70th Anniversary Scholarship is to support:
- Sustainable Development Goal to achieve gender equality and empower women and girls
- Women who are likely to become leaders in their fields over the next twenty years; and
- Women who will be ambassadors for the educational relationship between Britain and India and who will help tell this story promoting it to prospective student in India
Scholarships are open to women and girls from across India; but we have a particular interest in supporting students from the following Northeastern States – Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees only up to a ceiling of £30,000 for Master’s programme in UK on STEM subjects that start from September or October 2018.
Tuition fee over and above the scholarship allocation, living and other related expenses will be borne by the candidate or their sponsor.
Scholarship eligibility criteria
Applicable only for women and girls
- Be an Indian national and possess a valid Indian passport
- Have an excellent academic and extracurricular track record
- Secured a formal offer for a Master’s programme in a STEM subject
Terms and conditions for UK HEIs
To participate in the scholarships, interested UK institutions should:
- Nominate up to five candidates who meet the above criteria and have secured admission for a Masters’ programme in STEM subjects at your institution by Monday 5 February 2018
- Offer a tuition fee waiver of 10% to the selected award holder
- Communicate the downloadable scholarship application form to the nominated candidates for submission by Monday 12 February 2018
- The British Council will make the final selection based on a short interview and declare results by Wednesday 28 February 2018
- Contracts with the UK institutions will be signed by Friday 16 March 2018 and the funds will be remitted to the UK institutions by Saturday 24 March 2018
How to apply
Please click on the link to the online nomination form below to submit nominations.
Completed online nomination form should be submitted by Monday 5 February 2018.
Scholarship application form:
Please download the scholarship application form below.
Completed application form should be emailed by the nominated candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12 February 2018.