Clarification questions: Sunday 10 July 2016
Deadline of submission: Monday 25 July 2016 at 11:00am BST
Intention to award: Monday 1 August 2016
Travel to Philippines: Monday 29 August to Friday 2 September 2016
Final report: First week of December 2016
|Eligibility||Applicants must have expertise of quality assurance, credit transfer systems in the higher education sector. Full eligibilty criteria provided below.|
We are looking for an expert in the higher education sector specifically on quality assurance and credit transfer systems to develop the Philippine Credit Transfer System, aligned to existing credit transfer systems.
The main goal of this consultancy is to (1) review the Philippine, Asia-Pacific and EU Credit Transfer schemes/system/practices; (2) harmonise credit transfer systems existing in basic education, technical and vocational education and higher education; and (3) develop the Philippine Credit Transfer System (PCTS), ready for piloting.
Specific objectives of the assignment are the following:
- Undertake desk research on Philippine, ASEAN, EU credit schemes and identify elements that should be adopted to Philippine CTS.
- Hold a courtesy meeting with the Philippine Qualifications Framework-National Coordinating Committee (PQF-NCC) which is composed of Heads of Department of Education (DepED), Technical Education and Skills Development Agency (TESDA), CHED, and Philippine Regulatory Commission.
- Work with the TWG on Pathways and Equivalencies (TWG-PE) for the development and validation of PCTS framework, ensuring alignment with ASEAN and EU Credit Transfer System. PCTS Framework should include components and mechanisms for seamless credit transfer system aligned.
- Present final PCTS Framework to PQF-NCC through CHED including recommendations on pilot testing of the PCTS Framework.
The consultant/institution must possess the following:
- Expertise on quality assurance and credit transfer systems/schemes in the higher education sector.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of experience in relevant UK HE sectoral agency.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the HE sector in UK.
- Familiarity with the higher education context in the Philippines and/or ASEAN, preferably with in-depth knowledge of credit transfer systems within the region.
- Proven experience in research, with published output(s).
- Availability and willingness to travel in the Philippines.
- Ability to submit the final report by 1st week of December 2016.
How to apply
Please complete Annex 1 (ITQ response) and submit it to Lotus Postrado at Lotus.Postrado@britishcouncil.org.ph no later than 11:00am BST on Monday 25 July 2016.