The British Council has developed a new online suite of training to provide a practical and professional training programme for agents and counsellors to enable them to recommend the UK as a study destination to international students.
The British Council Agent and Counsellor Training Suite will provide school counsellors, college counsellors, teachers and education agents online courses with the knowledge to become a fully Certified British Council Agent or Counsellor.
Launched on Tuesday 5 March, this revised training has been updated to reflect the changing context around UK education for international students and education industry trends. Offering multi levels of study, individuals can access detailed training covering a broad range of subjects to enhance their knowledge. The training will provide up to date information on visa and immigration regulations to support UK institution’s international student recruitment into the UK and allows agents and counsellors to understand the different education and qualification requirements.
Completing the training will provide a clear understanding on the benefits of studying and living in the UK prior to admission and encourages international students to complete their studies successfully. Encouraging professional development, the training will also offer the opportunity for agents and counsellors to understand the ethical behaviour required in student recruitment contributing towards successful partnerships with UK institutions.
The training suite will cover:
- the UK education and training system; courses and qualifications at each level
- the attractions for students considering studying and living in the UK
- student lifestyle issues – living costs, travel and accommodation
- quality assurance mechanisms and how they operate
- course fees and scholarships
- UK application procedures and standard entry requirements; visa and immigration regulations
- professionalism and ethical behaviour
- working with UK institutions and academic readiness
- visa and immigration compliance for UK institutions and students
- GDPR and intellectual property
- child safeguarding
The training starts from £200 per course. If you have any queries or would like to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org