The shape of things to come 2: The evolution of transnational education
John McNamara, with Dr Jane Knight and Dr Rozilini M Fernandez-Chung
About this report
Going Global 2013 saw the launch of research from the British Council entitled ‘The shape of things to come 2: The evolution of transnational education’ – a piece of work which maps the evolution of transnational education (TNE) globally, with a particular focus on the impact on host countries, and how its provision has supported national education agendas over time.
The research provides answers to the following questions:
- How has TNE evolved globally?
- What has been the impact of TNE on the host countries?
- What are the fundamental drivers for aspiring education hub countries?
- Which models of TNE are best fitted to particular environments?
Through conducting this research, the British Council have created:
- An Opportunities Matrix: Detailed regulatory and market environment analysis of 25 countries.
- Case studies, detailing the evolution of TNE in three major host countries.