At this workshop we will update institutions about our work with agents, including the new professional development and training products we have introduced, and to discuss how our training can benefit the UK sector. We will consider how we can involve the education sector in the continued professional development of all agents working on behalf of UK institutions.
We’re also interested in finding out more about the training institutions are offering to their agents.
Brief overview of workshop agenda:
• Strategic overview of the British Council’s work with agents in the UK and globally
• Current offer of Foundation/Advanced certificates and the new global list of trained agents
• Continued Professional Development
• Collaborative working
Lunch will be served at 12.30 with the workshop commencing at 13.00.
Kevin Van Cauter, Higher Education Adviser, British Council
Helen Obaje, Professional Development Manager, British Council
Gill Davies, Training Consultant
Event aims and objectives:
• to increase awareness/understanding of the British Council’s agent training offer and database of trained agents
• to enable British Council to better understand how UK institutions are working with agents and have sight of any issues/challenges facing institutions in this area
• to consider how British Council can support UK institutions in their work with agents
• to establish a working group and agree action points to start working more collaboratively
Who can attend?
Representatives from HE, FE and independent schools sectors currently recruiting international students and using agents as part of their recruitment strategy.
Please note that we plan to hold events with the English language sector in the future.
To register your interest, please email: Helen.Markey@britishcouncil.org