A delegation from the Ministry of Education and Science in Ukraine, headed by the First Deputy Minister, will be visiting the UK as part of a study visit organised under the British Council’s International Higher Education programme.
This visit aims to encourage strategic collaboration between the UK and Ukraine in the area of higher education, and it is hoped that the programme will be a catalyst for tangible steps toward reforming the higher education system in Ukraine.
Briefings from the following UK institutions will be included in the programme:
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- The Higher Education Funding Council for England
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
- Office for Fair Access
- The Higher Education Academy
- The UK Higher Education International Unit
- One or two leading UK universities
The purpose of the visit is to:
- Provide participants with a detailed introduction to how the higher education system in the UK is being funded and managed.
- Review different elements of UK higher education provision as potential models for national reform to make higher education systems in Ukraine more efficient.
- Provide participants with a detailed introduction to UK strategy on the funding of higher education; approaches, tools and systems to ensure enhancement of teaching and learning, transparency and accountability in higher education.
- Showcase good practice, achievements and challenges in the area of quality assurance in higher education in the UK.
- Provide first-hand insights into the work of quality assurance in the UK, through visits to UK leading universities and input from quality assurance managers and inspectors.
Please contact Lyudmila Tatsenko, Higher Education Manager, British Council Ukraine:
Telephone: +38 050 469 48 26