We are facilitating a study tour in the UK with follow up workshops in Mexico, to share and develop effective approaches to skills development that provide young people opportunities to increase their employability.
The study tour in the UK and workshops in Mexico will include information on the following areas:
- Aligning occupational standards with employer needs.
- Exploring the role of sector skills councils (SSCs) generally, and the work they do to develop labour market intelligence and occupational standard improvement more specifically,
- Introducing the UK apprenticeship model.
- Exploring other ways in which UK employers contribute to vocational education and employability and careers advice.
The UK institutions that will be participating in the study tour are EU Skills, Federation for Industry Sector Skills and Standards, UKCES, UKPN Training Centre Manager, E.ON, National Grid and Getenergy.
For the Mexican side, representatives of the National Technology Of Mexico, Inter-American Development Bank, Technological University of Aguascalientes, Secretary of Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of Tabasco, Technological University of Tabasco, Technological University of Center of Veracruz, Secretary of Industrial and Commercial Development of Campeche, National Association for Human Resources of the Oil Industry will be joining.
This event aims to:
- share and develop effective approaches to skills development in the energy sector between UK and Mexico
- provide young people with opportunities that increase their skills and employability, thus contributing to strong economic growth
- facilitate partnerships with relevant UK SSCs, employers and training providers through introducing key stakeholders.
For further information please contact Ana Isabel Lopez (Mexico) AnaIsabel.Lopez@britishcouncil.org. Please note, this event is by invitation only.