The Qatar Foundation (QF) and its United Kingdom partners (the Department for Business Innovation & Skills, the British Council, and UK HE International Unit) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Research and Education in September 2013. The agreement came as part of the Qatar UK 2013 Year of Culture and was witnessed by the Mayor of London Boris Johnson, UK Minister for Culture Ed Vaizey and Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation.
QF and UK partners met in May 2014 to discuss practical ways to support collaboration. This forum is one of a series of activities agreed at that meeting designed to develop closer links between the Qatar Foundation and the UK.
Aims and objectives
The forum aims to strengthen research and education links between the UK and Qatar by providing an opportunity to learn about the Qatar Foundation’s priorities and future plans in order to discuss mutually beneficial partnerships.
The programme includes:
- Panel discussion on new directions for QF/UK partnerships with representatives of King’s College London, University of Southampton, University of Nottingham, and Qatar Foundation.
- Presentation on possible collaboration with UK institutions under the QNRF National Priorities Research Programme.
- Presentation on incubation and commercialisation led by the Qatar Science and Technology Park.
- Networking discussions led by QF Executive Directors on potential research collaborations in: computing; biomedical and health research; energy, environment & water applied research; assessing and measuring innovation in education; and open access information.
Who should attend?
This event is targeted at senior representatives of UK higher education and research institutions seeking partnership with Qatar Foundation.
The visiting Qatar Foundation delegation will include representatives from:
- Hamad bin Khalifa University (HbKU)
- Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF)
- Qatar Energy and Environment Research Institute (QEERI)
- Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI)
- Qatar Computing Research Institute (QCRI)
- Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP)
- Qatar National Library (QNL)
- World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE)
Spaces at this event are limited.
For further information please contact Mostafa Al-Mossallam on email@example.com