INVITATION TO PHILIPPINE-UK TNE FORUM AND BRIEFING ON NEWTON-AGHAM PROGRAMME
The British Council and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Philippines have launched the project Joint Development of Niche Programmes through Philippine-United Kingdom Linkage which aims to provide capacity and funding support for Philippine higher education institutions to establish international connectivity and engagement through developing TNE partnerships with HEIs in the United Kingdom.
In collaboration with Universities UK International, British Council and CHED are organising the Philippine-UK Transnational Education Forum on Wednesday 23 November 2016, 9.30-17.00 in London. The forum aims to:
- To provide the Philippine HEIs opportunity to explore and find potential UK HEI partners that they can develop TNE partnership with; and plan for follow up actions to move forward the partnership; and
- For the HEIs to gain better understanding of UK HE Sector and TNE partnership requirements and processes.
There will also be a brief session on opportunities for UK HEIs under Newton-Agham Programme.
Presidents and Vice Presidents/Deans for Academics will be attending the forum, along with officials from CHED. Please register for the forum and sign up for a one-on-one meeting appointment by Friday 11 November 2016 here.
More information on PhilipPine HEIs
Ten top Philippine HEIs have been pre-selected and identified as recipients of project support based on their capabilities and readiness for international partnerships:
1. Ateneo De Manila University
2. Bicol University
3. Central Luzon State University
4. De La Salle University
5. Miriam College
6. Saint Louis University
7. Silliman University
8. University of San Carlos
9. University of the Philippines