Image (c) Kakidai, under Creative Commons Licence
This one day event will provide information on various study and post-graduate employment opportunities in Japan. It will focus on the globalisation policies of Japanese higher education, the study abroad programmes, scholarship opportunities and career opportunities for graduates in Japan including the government-sponsored JET programme.
This event is external to the British Council and is organised by the Japanese Embassy.
The day will run from 11.30am until 4.00pm.
Registration and refreshments will be available from 11.00am.
- Globalization of Japanese higher education and policies surrounding student and education exchange between Japanese and UK universities
- Japanese Government scholarships
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) scholarships
- Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation (DAJF) scholarships
- Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) programme
Lunch will be provided. During the break all institutions and Japanese universities will be present in their information booth to help with any questions.
Information booths present:
- Embassy of Japan in the UK
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation (DAJF)
- The Japan Foundation
- Hokkaido University*
- The University of Tokyo
- Waseda University*
- Keio University
- Kyoto University
- Doshisha University*
- Ritsumeikan University
- Kobe University
- Kyushu University
*promotional materials only
Who can attend?
This event is for UK University staff or faculty working internationally or in careers, and other related fields. The event is not open to students.
How to register
Registration is essential. Please send an email, including your name, job title, organisation name and your email address to email@example.com by Monday 12 May, 2014.
Should you be able to attend, you will need to bring your confirmation e-mail, and a form of ID with you to the event. If you are unable to attend the whole event please inform us of your anticipated arrival and departure times, for security reasons.
If you have any questions regarding the event, please contact the event organisers on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image by Kakidai, under Creative Commons Licence, on Flickr.