This is the fourth academic programme visit by National Commission for Academic Assessment and Accreditation (NCAAA), Saudi Arabia to UK higher education institutions (HEIs), organised in partnership with the British Council. This visit focuses on enhancing quality in business and management teaching at HEIs. The Commission are recognized within Saudi Arabia and internationally for their improvements to the quality of post-secondary education in Saudi Arabia.
John Law, Higher Education Adviser, British Council will brief the delegation on 24 March and lead meetings with the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW) and the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). The group will then visit Cardiff University, Swansea University and Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Event aims and objectives:
The delegation will learn about UK business schools and other institutions responsible for the improvement of business administration education, and share with their UK counterparts their experiences in fostering quality assurance in business administration education.
The study tour objectives are:
1. Establishing and maintaining quality assurance systems.
2. Providing effective and responsible leadership for the development and improvement of the programme.
3. Mentoring and evaluating the programme effectiveness.
4. Academic programme development and review processes.
5. Collecting and analyzing data to improve the quality of business administration programmes.
6. Designing and implementing learning outcomes at programme level.
7. Monitoring and improving the quality of teaching and assessment.
8. Faculty professional development.
9. Educational support for students.
10. Exploring potential for UK-Saudi partnerships
The delegation will be headed by representatives from the NCAAA, accompanied by 10-12 deans and vice deans for quality assurance at business administration colleges from established and newly established universities in Saudi Arabia.
Gasm Elseed A Bakry
Higher Education Project Manager
T: +966 11 4831818