ASEAN deep learning policy series: ICT, global citizenship and real world problem solving skills
British Council and Microsoft are working in partnership to support the education system in developing deep learning skills and preparing students for the challenges of the 21st Century. Together, we are delivering a series of policy dialogues in ASEAN countries to look at how we can support the development of deep learning practices. This seminar is one of a series in the East Asia region focusing on ICT, Global Citizenship and Real World Problem Solving Skills. These seminars build on the initial work started at the 2014 Education Leaders Briefing in London, and will feed into the design of the 2015 Education Leaders Briefing.
The ASEAN Deep Learning Policy seminar gathers policy makers, practitioners and students from the UK and ASEAN to discuss and exchange new developments in education. This is an ideal opportunity to promote the Deep Learning platform and expand collaboration between schools and students, with support from the private sector.
Aims and objectives
The policy dialogue aims to:
- Update policy makers, educational practitioners and teachers on the latest trends in innovative teaching and learning practices to enhance students’ development of 21st century skills.
- Facilitate dialogue among key players on ways to integrate these latest teaching and learning methods in practice.
- Discuss these innovative teaching and learning practices in terms of implementing Deep Learning skills and finding ways to apply ICT and real world problem solving skills in the lives of the next generation of global citizens.
Keynote speaker is Dr. Teerakiat Jareonsettasin, Vice-minister, Ministry of Education
No admission fee
Who should attend
- Policy makers from relevant ministries and senior education officials
- Education practitioners and school representatives
- Representatives from ASEAN countries and the UK
- Representatives from the private sector
- PGCE scholars
For further information please contact Sarita Suwannarat, Programmes Manager for Education on Sarita.Suwannarat@britishcouncil.or.th.