The ELTons, sponsored by Cambridge English, are the only international awards that recognise and celebrate innovation in English language teaching (ELT). They reward educational resources that help English language learners and teachers to achieve their goals.
18.15 - 19.00 BST: Red carpet interviews with Jamie Keddie; teacher, teacher trainer, writer and a previous ELTons award winner.
19.00 - 20.15 BST: ELTons Awards Ceremony, hosted by Angela Rippon OBE; writer and presenter.
The awards will be presented in the following order:
- British Council Awards
- Macmillan Education Award for Innovative Writing
- Excellence in Course Innovation
- Innovation in Learner Resources
- Innovation in Teacher Resources
- Digital Innovation
- Local Innovation
- The Lifetime Achievement Award
Find out who has been nominated for a prestigious award here.
Win a set of British Council Innovation Series Publications #ELTons2015
Which ELT luminary do you think deserves to win The British Council Lifetime Achievement Award and why?
This awards an ELT professional who has made a substantial contribution to the ELT profession throughout their career.
Contribute thoughts or comments, pose questions and share experiences on Twitter using the hashtag #ELTons2015. The most interesting posts will be chosen as winners and win a set of British Council Innovations Series Publications.
The Innovation Series set consists of:
- Innovations in continuing professional development of English language teachers
- Innovations in pre-service education and training for English language teachers
- Innovations in learning technologies for English language teachers
- Innovations in English language teaching for migrants and refugees
Michael Swan won The British Council Lifetime Achievement Award last year. Who do you think should win this year and why?
Join the debate using #ELTons2015
Follow us on twitter @bceltons
For further information about ELTons please contact email@example.com