Online event on 25 November 2021, 10.00-11.30 GMT
We are pleased to invite higher education professionals to a free-of-charge British Council Korea webinar taking place on 25 November 2021. In the webinar, we will explore Korea’s transnational education (TNE) landscape and explore post-Covid challenges and opportunities from the perspectives of senior higher education practitioners in Korea.
Main themes will include,
- Korea’s current TNE landscape, focusing on; Key profiles of Korean institutions that are active in TNE; Main drivers versus obstacles for Korean institutions; Post-Covid regulatory changes regarding virtual learning and virtual collaboration
- UK higher education institutions as partners - competitive advantages and disadvantages from Korean perspectives
- Learning from the partnership journeys of two Korean institutions.
The event is suitable for higher education practitioners and stakeholders in the UK and other countries with an interest in this topic. Here's a look at the agenda:
- 10.00 -10.05 Welcome and introduction
- 10.05 -10.30 TNE Landscape in Korea (Prof. Jun Hyun Hong, Professor, School of Public Service, Chung-Ang University, Korea Former President, Korean Association of Foreign Student Administrators)
- 10.30 -10.45 Seoul TECH’s partnership journey with Northumbria University (Prof. Kiheon Nam, Director, Office of International Education, Seoul TECH, Korea)
- 10.45 -11.00 KNU’s experience in collaborative TNE partnerships - how to get UK students to move (Ms. Lorne Hwang, Senior Advisor for International Affairs, Kyungpook National University, Korea)
- 11.00 -11.20 Q&A and discussion
- 11.20 -11.30 Round-up and close
Find out more and book your place
Find out more and register for this webinar now.