Entering is simple. Before you get your camera, please make sure you read the eligibility criteria and competition rules.
- If you haven't done so already, sign up to join an online introduction workshop for potential applicants. This will give you the opportunity to hear more from the competition organisers and to ask questions.
- Inspired? Get ready to enter. Read some hints and tips on your choice of topic for your talk.
- Specialist equipment to record your video is not required. For example, you can use a camera on a smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Plan your filming location. We suggest you find a quiet location for recording with background noise to a minimum. You may use ear/head phones with a microphone.
- Frame the camera so that you face and shoulders are visible and that you look directly into the camera when speaking. Make sure your camera is stable when recording.When you are happy with your video entry, upload it to a video sharing platform e.g. YouTube, Vimeo. (You can set this to private if you wish).
- Complete the short online application form to tell us about yourself and include the link to your video entry. A preview of the questions is available at the top of the online application form.
Good luck - we look forward to receiving your entry!
The closing date for entries is Tuesday 27 July 2021 at 23:59 UK time.
To read how your data and materials will be processed, please read our Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries or experience any issues submitting your entry, please email