The closing date for entries has passed. The information below is provided for reference only.
Entrants must be:
- Aged 21 years of age or above;
- Based in one of the following participating countries for the purposes of study, research or long-term paid/voluntary employment: Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Serbia, Turkey, Uganda or Vietnam;
- Studying or working in roles that relate to science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics. Individuals working in climate change related work in organisations such as non-government organisations (NGO) and charities are welcome to apply.
- Lecturers in science, mathematics or engineering subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree
- Researchers who use existing research or meta-studies – they don’t have to be getting their hands dirty
- People who work on applying science, technology or mathematics – for example, those in NGOs, charities, environmental organisations, technology start-ups, statisticians, computer technicians, consultants to industry
- Postgraduate students of science, mathematics or engineering
- People who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or government bodies
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business
Sorry we can’t accept people who are:
- Press or PR officers, even for science-related organisations
- Artists who work on science-related themes
- Performers whose shows are about science or engineering
- Science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly with the public
- Journalists and broadcasters (as their main or only job)
- Non-specialist school teachers
Please view our competition rules page for full entry and judging criteria.