British Council Agent and Counsellor Training Suite
The British Council has developed a new online suite of training to provide a practical and professional training programme for agents and counsellors to enable them to recommend the UK as a study destination to international students. Please view our downloadable FAQ document below to find our more information. The British Council Agent and Counsellor Training Suite courses are a great way to learn, encourage and track your professional development, and they give you the opportunity to become a British Council Certified Trained Agent or Counsellor.
Upon being a certified agent or counsellor you will feature on the British Council Agent and Counsellor Global List.
The British Council Agent and Counsellor Training Suite will provide school counsellors, college counsellors, teachers and education agents online courses with the knowledge to become a fully Certified British Council Agent or Counsellor (on completion of the Certificate level).
This revised training has been updated to reflect the changing context around UK education for international students and education industry trends. All the courses have been written by the British Council’s experienced team of experts and the suite forms into multiple levels of self-study courses providing career progression.
The flexible and user-friendly training supports professional development by providing continued learning at multiple levels of high-quality study. The interactive and engaging content will enable learners, in any location with internet access, to complete the training when it best suits them and can be conveniently accessed on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
The training suite will cover:
- the UK education and training system; courses and qualifications at each level
- the attractions for students considering studying and living in the UK
- student lifestyle issues – living costs, travel and accommodation
- quality assurance mechanisms and how they operate
- course fees and scholarships
- UK application procedures and standard entry requirements; visa and immigration regulations
- professionalism and ethical behaviour
- working with UK institutions and academic readiness
- visa and immigration compliance for UK institutions and students
- GDPR and intellectual property
- child safeguarding
The training starts from £200 per course and is open for registration now.
If you are an agent or counsellor, please visit the Agent and Counsellor Training Suite to register and begin your learning journey today!