Become a UK agent or counsellor
The UK agent and counsellor training aims to be the flagship training programme for all agents and counsellors who work with UK education providers.
Successful completion of the training programme provides individual agents and counsellors with in-depth knowledge on the UK education system and how to counsel students effectively.
Key topics covered in the training include:
- Why choose the UK?
- The UK education system
- Preparing students for a UK education
- Student experience
- Values and ethics
- Visas and immigration
- Post-study options
- Working with the British Council
The comprehensive nature of the training gives UK education providers confidence that they are working in partnership with knowledgeable and ethical education agents and importantly it gives prospective international students confidence that they will enjoy a high-quality experience when considering studying and living in the UK.
When you successfully complete the training course and sign up to the National code of ethical practice for education agents you will receive an online certificate from the British Council certifying your knowledge and understanding.
Your details will also be added to the Database of certified agents and counsellors, used by both students and institutions to identify potential agent partners.
Having consulted extensively with agents and counsellors to help us shape the new training programme, we have made a number of improvements to make the training accessible to as many people as possible.
- The entire training programme is now free of charge. No registration fee and no recertification fee
- The course is 100% online, no need for any face-to-face learning or assessment
- Total study time has been reduced by 25%
- Content grouped in thematic areas, not by study level
- Modules can be taken in any order, at any time
- Experienced agents and counsellors can fast-track straight to the assessment, saving study time
- Online certificates generated immediately upon successful completion
In order to make the training as impactful as possible, and to ensure that we are delivering the most up-to-date information to support education agents and counsellors, the training programme is currently undergoing redevelopment and is offline.
The training will go live on 7th December 2022.
If you would like to be the first to know when the training is launched, please leave your contact details below.
Want to be the first to know when we launch our training? Leave us your details