you can now apply for THE mobility East Africa travel grant
Calling all artists and cultural practitioners!
Apply for a Mobility East Africa travel grant for your chance to participate in an arts event in East Africa.
- The grant is accessible to artists between 18 - 35 years of age looking to participate in exhibitions/festivals/residencies/workshops across Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Ethiopia.
- Successful applicants will be expected to share their travel experience in innovative, digital and publically accessible ways.
How to apply
To apply, simply produce a: two-minute video; or a one-minute audio recording; or fill in this application form to answer the following questions:
- Where do you want to go and what's happening there?
- When and why do you need to go?
- How will you share your journey with others?
You need to answer all three questions for your application to be considered, no more and no less.
The selection team will be looking for applications that:
- Show generous and innovative ways of sharing your travel experience with others, both online and offline;
- The impact of the grant is clear: you have had limited travel before or it is clear that this experience will greatly benefit your practice.
This travel fund covers only the transport cost to a maximum of £ 400 per person. This fund is exclusively for East African nationals and residents looking to travel to either Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
Even if you submit a video or audio file you will need to fill out some basic details on this application form
You’ll also need to send us:
- An updated Bio or CV
- If you have been invited to participate at an event please include your invitation letter
Send all your information to Moe email@example.com
Rolling grant cycle
The Mobility East Africa grant programme accepts applications all year round.
You can apply at any time but grant review can take up to 3 months.
Only applications submitted through the form will be considered.
send VIDEO/AUDIO FILES AND SUPPORTING documents outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org via wetransfer / google drive
"Please Pardon Our Dust"
We are continuing to work on the East Africa Mobility Fund's website and selection process. This a pilot project and therefore please be patient with any delays ahead.