Position: Film Curator
Deadline: 22nd January 2018
Duration of role: February - June 2018
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Minimum commitment of two days a week, 9am – 5pm
About the European Film Festival
Now in its 27th cycle, the European Film Festival celebrates diversity by showcasing films from over 20 European countries – in different languages and different genres.
The Film Curator will work with a team from the European diplomatic missions and cultural institutions to weave a narrative around the films and presents a cohesive festival experience for Kenya’s EU Film Festival 2018.
Salary and Mentorship opportunity
Total Fee: £2,500
This opportunity will include optional mentorship support and networking opportunities with the British Film Institute (BFI).
The curator will:
- Work with participating EU countries to select films shown at the festival
- Ensure all films are appropriately classified by the Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB)
- Liaise with the EU delegation on the scheduling of the film screenings
- Take the lead on audience segmentation for the screenings.This involves mapping how best the festival can cater to students, children and a general audience across various screening venues
- Work closely with the EU delegation to select venues and manage these relationships
- Oversee the development of all festival material. This includes but is not limited to: the festival programme; website; & social media content.
Experience / Qualifications
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of film, curating, or related work
- Between 2 to 4 years work experience working in the film sector/arts and culture sector
- Initiative and ability to both work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, work effectively under pressure and follow through with details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and interacting openly with individuals of different backgrounds
- Send your CV and a one to two-page cover letter outlining both your expertise and interest in the role to email@example.com