you can now apply for THE mobility east africa travel grant
Calling all artists and cultural practitioners!
Apply for a Mobility East Africa travel grant for your chance to participate in an arts event in East Africa.
- The grant is accessible to artists between 18 - 35 years of age looking to collaborate on projects / events that have a research or skills-based outcome.
- Successful applicants will be expected to share their travel experience in innovative, digital and publically accessible ways.
How to apply
Simply produce a two-minute video / one-minute audio recording / one page written application that answers the following questions:
- Where do you want to go and what's happening there?
- When and why do you need to go?
- How will you share your journey with others?
You need to answer all three questions for your application to be considered, no more and no less.
This travel fund covers only the transport cost to a maximum of £ 500 per person. This fund is exclusively for East African nationals and residents looking to travel to either Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
In addition to the application above include the following
- an updated Bio or CV
- If you have been invited to participate at an event include your invitation letter
- where applicable indicate how your visa, accommodation, and per diem costs will be covered.
Rolling grant cycle
The Mobility East Africa grant programme accepts applications all year round.
You can apply at any time but grant review can take up to 3 months.