Are you a festivals management specialist based in Scotland? We want to hear from you.
We are working on an ambitious new iteration of our flagship festivals training programme - IFA (International Festivals Academy).
Developed in partnership with Creative Scotland, we are looking for individuals / organisations based in Scotland to deliver training to festival managers in Paraty, Brazil, from 1 - 7 October 2017.The programme will focus on two key areas:
- Digital strategies for audience development and engagement
- Business models and programming for sustainability
You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver training on the ground in Brazil, in collaboration with course leader Beki Bateson, LIFT Festival. Content should be designed with a focus on stimulating a collaborative environment. It should be interactive, engaging and innovative and include:
- Taught sessions
- Interactive group work
- Hands-on activities and practical sessions
- Focused site visits in Paraty
- One-on-one sessions
The successful candidate will:
- Provide feedback on the bespoke training programme devised with the course leader
- Co-deliver a bespoke training programme in Paraty, Brazil
- Advance their own practice and develop connections with Brazilian festival counterparts
- Report on the overall experience, connections made and how the opportunity has been of benefit to them professionally
The training programme will:
- Be based on local demands and specific UK contributions that add value to the Brazilian scene.
- Take place in Paraty, prior to the MIMO Festival, a large music and cinema festival
- Provide an opportunity for the participants and trainers to go on site visits and to engage with the development and delivery of this major festival.
Take a look at the request for proposals for more information.
How to Apply
Applicants will need to be available to deliver training in Paraty, Brazil from 1 - 7 October 2017.
Send your completed applications to: email@example.com
Got a question? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for queries: 3rd August 2017
Closing date: 11 August 2017, 17:00 BST