About the Programme
We aim to foster and strengthen relationships between UK and Brazil, by exposing the Brazilian sector to international standards in cultural management and to UK successful models that could be replicated locally. To achieve this you will work alongside Brazilian trainers and one UK trainer to shape and deliver face to face festival training for 30 Brazilian participants already working in the festivals sector and mid-career professionals.
The British Council is inviting proposals for the content development and delivery of festivals management skills training course, with a focus on a) Digital Strategies for Audience Development and Engagement and b) Business Models and Programming for Sustainability.
Applicants will need to be available:
- For a scoping visit to Sao Paulo and Paraty Brazil from 7- 14 August 2017
- To deliver the International Festivals Academy Brazil: Skills training for festival managers in Paraty, Brazil from October 1- 7, 2017
Aims of the Programme
- To develop a more skilled cultural sector: more entrepreneurial, reflective, outward-looking, confident and receptive to further development and wider social engagement.
- To foster and strengthen relationships between UK and Brazil, by exposing the Brazilian sector to international standards in cultural management and to UK successful models that could be replicated locally.
- To provide access to networking opportunities with national and international colleagues working in the sector: development of partnerships and collaborations.
- To work in partnership with a major local festival (FLIP / Paraty International Literary Festival) that is committed to the city development through its culture and festivals and nurture future cultural event producers, managers and programmers across the cultural sector in Brazil;
- To connect UK and Brazilian experts in the cultural skills sector and to help foster a global network of international skills partners.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please read the request for proposals document for more information. Please apply by completing the application documents below and sending them to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the programme, points of clarification or questions about the application process please send them FAO Rosemary Parkhill at firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 June.
The closing date for applications is 26 June 2017 at 17:00.