Established in 1895, La Biennale di Venezia is the longest-running international art biennial and one of the most prestigious cultural institutions in the world.
Widely considered a ‘must-see’ of the Biennale, the British Pavilion represents the most significant opportunities to showcase the creativity of UK art and architecture on a world platform.
The role of the British Council
The British Council has been responsible for the British presentation at the Venice Biennale since 1937 and is renowned for commissioning the highest-calibre UK artists, architects, designers and engineers to put on exhibitions in the 19th century neo-classical listed British Pavilion.
Through the Art Biennale, the British Pavilion has profiled celebrated artists including Anish Kapoor, Henry Moore, Richard Hamilton, Steve McQueen and Tracey Emin.
Since 1991, through the Architecture Biennale the British Council has commissioned exhibitions by cutting-edge British architectural practices including Adjaye Associates, Foster & Partners and Zaha Hadid.
Becoming a Pavilion Patron
By supporting the British Pavilion you enable the British Council to continue to develop and launch the international careers of the UK’s most significant artists and architects.
A donation from £10,000 per annum, with a preferred commitment of three years, will enable the British Pavilion to be a world leader in displaying the best of contemporary practice in art and architecture.
As a Pavilion Patron you will enjoy many exclusive benefits.
In acknowledgement of your donation you will enjoy:
Pavilion Patron Benefits
• Membership of an exclusive influential group of dedicated philanthropists, art enthusiasts and businesses
• Deepened engagement with the Venice Biennales, its artists and designers throughout the year, including curatorial tours, exclusive events and patron trips
• Privileged access to the Biennale Vernissage previews attended by press, VIPs, foreign dignitaries, ministers, celebrities, and cultural authorities from around the world
• Unrivalled access to prestigious Vernissage events including the intimate artist’s lunch in the British Pavilion and the VIP launch party
• Acknowledgment across printed and digital materials, including the exhibition publication
• Additionally, VIP invitations to exclusive events such as the International Fashion Showcase launch at London Fashion Week and behind the scenes tour of the private British Concil UK Collection store.
Corporate Patrons would benefit from a bespoke package tailored to suit their client business objectives.
For more information
For more information about becoming a Pavilion Patron, please contact Charlotte Wren on email@example.com
Image 1: Installation of Within Reach by Chris Ofili, British Pavilion, Venice Biennale, 2003. Courtesy Victoria Miro Gallery, London. Photo: Cameraphoto Arte, Venezia © Chris Ofili. Exhibition conceived by Chris Ofili and designed with David Adjaye/Adjaye Associates
Image 6: Borrowed Light, an exhibition by Tracey Emin at the British Pavilion, 2007 © Prudence Cuming Associates
Created with Shorthand