Current and upcoming international opportunities for artists, creatives, professionals and organisations.
Are you a UK-based artist or company with an outstanding production that could tour internationally? Apply to be part of our showcase for international promoters at the Edinburgh Fringe.
- Opportunity: we will provide an invited audience of international programmers, producers and agents; networking and industry events; training and mentoring for artists and companies and ongoing support for international touring
- Deadline: 12 midday on Monday 15 October 2018
- Open to: professional artists or companies based in the UK who are working in contemporary theatre, dance or live art with with an outstanding small and middle-scale production that could tour internationally
The FAMLAB fund (Film, Archive and Music Lab) will award £100,000 over the next two years to support music and film projects which delve deep into Vietnam’s rich cultural heritage.
- Opportunity: funding for collaborative and sustainable creative projects that can deliver long-term benefits for contemporary arts and demonstrate innovative new ways of interacting with audiences including
- Grant: between £3000 and £10,000 per project
- Deadline: 15 October 2018
- Open to: Vietnam and UK-based practitioners (or groups of practitioners), initiatives and organisations of any creative or artistic discipline
The DICE Fund is part of the wider DICE programme which was set up to tackle entrenched issues of unemployment and unequal economic growth in these six countries.
- Grant: ranging from £20,000 – 85,000 for an intervention lasting 12-15 months, to be shared by Principal Applicants according to the budget proposed in the application
- Deadline: 11 November 2018 (Brazil, Indonesia, Pakistan), 18 November 2018 (Egypt) , 25 November 2018 (South Africa)
- Open to: jointly awarded to UK and partner country organisations to co-develop initiatives that will strengthen creative and social enterprises in one of five countries (Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa)
China Now is a digital hub offering insights, exclusive content and opportunities for UK based creatives and organisations interested in working in China.
- Opportunity: insights, content and opportunities
- Deadline: N/A
- Open to: UK creatives and organisations
Connections through Culture is a long-term programme to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, supporting long-lasting relationships between China and the UK.
- Grant: £2,500
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: artists and arts organisations in the UK and China
In partnership with the Department for Culture Media and Sport, the British Council have launched the Cultural Protection Fund. Our objective for the new £30 million fund is to help to create opportunities for economic and social development through building capacity to foster, safeguard and promote cultural heritage in conflict-affected regions overseas.
- Grant: £500 - £100,000+
- Deadline: small grants will be decided on upon a quarterly basis
- Open to: the Fund is designed with applications from UK organisations in mind, but any organisation is eligible to apply
In partnership with the BFI, British Council Film operates a Travel Grant Fund that supports filmmakers to travel to key international festivals with short films. There is a list of 60+ eligible festivals at the weblink.
- Grant: £100 - £1000
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: UK-based filmmakers with short films accepted into one of our listed key festivals
Creative Europe is the European Union's programme to support the cultural, creative and audiovisual sectors. From 2014-2020, €1.46 billion is available to support European projects with the potential to travel, reach new audiences and encourage skill sharing and development. Creative Europe brings together a Culture sub-programme, which provides funding for the cultural and creative sectors, and a MEDIA sub-programme, which invests in film, television, new media and games.
- Grant: various
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: the creative, cultural and audiovisual sectors in Europe