Current and upcoming international opportunities for artists, creatives, professionals and organisations.
The Cultural Protection Fund is looking for an evaluation consultant with experience in the field of cultural heritage to deliver evaluation workshops for grant recipients and assist with the drafting of our next annual report.
- Deadline: 28 August 2017
- Open to: evaluation consultants with heritage experience
In partnership with the Prince Claus Fund, a new funding stream is available for cultural heritage projects in South Asia. Contemporary Take, Beyond Cultural Heritage is open to proposals that enable young people to engage with their cultural heritage in South Asia. We are looking to support cross-disciplinary initiatives in the funding range of €5.000 – €20.000.
- Grant: €5.000 – €20.000
- Deadline: 15 September 2017
- Open to: artists, creative professionals and organisations. Lead applicant must be living, registered and working in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka.
Travel to learn - return to inspire...The British Council has partnered with the Winston Churchill Memorial Fund on their Travelling Fellowships, supporting the Craft & Design category. The Fellowship enables UK citizens to investigate inspiring practice in other countries, and return with innovative ideas for the benefit of people across the UK.
- Grant: all travel, accomodation and expenses
- Deadline: 19 September 2017
- Open to: UK citizens
China Now is a digital hub offering insights, exclusive content and opportunities for UK based creatives and organisations interested in working in China.
- Opportunity: insights, content and opportunities
- Deadline: N/A
- Open to: UK creatives and organisations
Connections through Culture is a long-term programme to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, supporting long-lasting relationships between China and the UK.
- Grant: £2,500
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: artists and arts organisations in the UK and China
In partnership with the Department for Culture Media and Sport, the British Council have launched the Cultural Protection Fund. Our objective for the new £30 million fund is to help to create opportunities for economic and social development through building capacity to foster, safeguard and promote cultural heritage in conflict-affected regions overseas.
- Grant: £500 - £100,000+
- Deadline: small grants will be decided on upon a quarterly basis
- Open to: the Fund is designed with applications from UK organisations in mind, but any organisation is eligible to apply
In partnership with the BFI, British Council Film operates a Travel Grant Fund that supports filmmakers to travel to key international festivals with short films. There is a list of 60+ eligible festivals at the weblink.
- Grant: £100 - £1000
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: UK-based filmmakers with short films accepted into one of our listed key festivals
Creative Europe is the European Union's programme to support the cultural, creative and audiovisual sectors. From 2014-2020, €1.46 billion is available to support European projects with the potential to travel, reach new audiences and encourage skill sharing and development. Creative Europe brings together a Culture sub-programme, which provides funding for the cultural and creative sectors, and a MEDIA sub-programme, which invests in film, television, new media and games.
- Grant: various
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: the creative, cultural and audiovisual sectors in Europe
In partnership with the Arts Council England, We are investing in talented individuals to develop skills, expand horizons and introduce an international perspective to their work.
- Grant: between £1000 and £5000
- Opening: rolling
- Open to: individual artists and/or creative practitioners from the UK