Current and upcoming international opportunities for artists, creatives, professionals and organisations.
Calling all UK architects, designers and curators who are taking part in the Venice Biennale 2018: we'd like to hear about your event or exhibition.
As part of the British Council's UK in Venice campaign, promoting British exhibitions and events at the Venice Art and Architecture Biennales, we would like to hear about any UK practices taking part this year. Please tell us about your involvement with all the details for your event or exhibition and we can then share this as part of the UK in Venice campaign via social media.
- Opportunity: to have your Venice Biennale 2018 event/exhibition promoted across our social media channels
- Deadline: ASAP
- Open to: UK-based participants in the Venice Architecture Biennale 2018
The Department for International Trade has announced a competition to design the UK’s Pavilion at Expo 2020 in Dubai. The theme is 'Global Britain – Innovating for a Shared Future'. Around 25 million visitors from around the world are expected to visit.
- Opportunity: the chance to design the UK’s pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai
- Deadline: 24 April 2018
- Open to: anyone with relevant experience from the UK
As part of the Developing Inclusive and Creative Enterprise (DICE) fund we are offering grants for UK creative and social enterprises to develop partnerships in one of five countries: Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan and South Africa.
- Grant: £3000-£5000
- Deadline: 18 June 2018
- Open to: UK-based creative and social enterprises
We are looking for events planned by UK based organisations or individuals to join the affiliate programme for UK/Germany 2018.
- Deadline: 31 July 2018
- Open to: UK based organisations or individuals
China Now is a digital hub offering insights, exclusive content and opportunities for UK based creatives and organisations interested in working in China.
- Opportunity: insights, content and opportunities
- Deadline: N/A
- Open to: UK creatives and organisations
Connections through Culture is a long-term programme to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, supporting long-lasting relationships between China and the UK.
- Grant: £2,500
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: artists and arts organisations in the UK and China
In partnership with the Department for Culture Media and Sport, the British Council have launched the Cultural Protection Fund. Our objective for the new £30 million fund is to help to create opportunities for economic and social development through building capacity to foster, safeguard and promote cultural heritage in conflict-affected regions overseas.
- Grant: £500 - £100,000+
- Deadline: small grants will be decided on upon a quarterly basis
- Open to: the Fund is designed with applications from UK organisations in mind, but any organisation is eligible to apply
In partnership with the BFI, British Council Film operates a Travel Grant Fund that supports filmmakers to travel to key international festivals with short films. There is a list of 60+ eligible festivals at the weblink.
- Grant: £100 - £1000
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: UK-based filmmakers with short films accepted into one of our listed key festivals
Creative Europe is the European Union's programme to support the cultural, creative and audiovisual sectors. From 2014-2020, €1.46 billion is available to support European projects with the potential to travel, reach new audiences and encourage skill sharing and development. Creative Europe brings together a Culture sub-programme, which provides funding for the cultural and creative sectors, and a MEDIA sub-programme, which invests in film, television, new media and games.
- Grant: various
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: the creative, cultural and audiovisual sectors in Europe