Current and upcoming international opportunities for artists, creatives, professionals, and organisations
British Council Bahrain has launched an open call for UK curators, facilitators or institutions to deliver a Cultural Skills Training Programme between October 2019 and March 2020 in Bahrain.
- Grant: a one-off fee of up to £20,000 for the design and delivery of the workshops
- Deadline: 24 August 2019
- Open to: UK based facilitators or institutions with experience in delivering cultural skills training
We are seeking proposals from festival professionals and consultants with expertise and experience in designing and facilitating a training workshop to create a course based on the findings from the Gulf Festivals, Skills Research.
- Fee: £500.00 per day
- Deadline: 29 August 2019
- Open to: festival Experts with experience in designing and facilitating workshops and training
Creativity is Great: Open call for UK researchers/consultant to map the creative and cultural industries in Tunisia
British Council Tunisia is inviting proposals from UK researchers and consultants to research the arts and creative industries in Tunisia and advise on the potential activity as part of the GREAT Campaign.
- Grant: up to £4000
- Deadline: 1 September 2019
- Open to: UK Researchers/consultants
Special call for proposals British Council’s 60th anniversary in Canada, grant support for a research trip to Québec 2020
For the occasion of the British Council’s 60th anniversary in Canada, British Council and the Gouvernement du Québec wish to support travel costs for research trips in the cultural sector.
- Grant: CAD$ 2,500 (£1470 approx)
- Deadline: 20 September 2019
- Open to: UK (or Québec) artists, directors, authors, and other cultural workers
Interested in the future of craft around the globe? Travel, collaborate, learn and share. Apply for our Crafting Futures Grant, in partnership with the Crafts Council, to explore new ideas to support the future of craft.
- Grant: 10 grants available for up to £5000
- Deadline: 6 October 2019
- Open to: candidates must be based in the UK and have a meaningful partnership in place with a local collaborator or host in the country you would like to travel to for your project; demonstrated by a letter of endorsement
The Worth Partnership Project encourages the development of innovative products in the design industries, through transnational collaborations between designers, traditional and digital artisans, manufacturers and technology partners.
- Deadline: 31 October 2019
- Opportunity: winning initiatives are awarded a prize of € 10,000, an invitation to the main European design fairs and a mentoring plan
Creative Europe is the European Union's programme to support the cultural, creative and audiovisual sectors. From 2014-2020, €1.46 billion is available to support European projects with the potential to travel, reach new audiences and encourage skill sharing and development. Creative Europe brings together a Culture sub-programme, which provides funding for the cultural and creative sectors, and a MEDIA sub-programme, which invests in film, television, new media and games.
- Grant: various
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: the creative, cultural and audiovisual sectors in Europe
China Now is a digital hub offering insights, exclusive content and opportunities for UK based creatives and organisations interested in working in China.
- Opportunity: insights, content and opportunities
- Deadline: N/A
- Open to: UK creatives and organisations
In partnership with the BFI, British Council Film operates a Travel Grant Fund that supports filmmakers to travel to key international festivals with short films. There is a list of 60+ eligible festivals at the weblink.
- Grant: £100 - £1000
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: UK-based filmmakers with short films accepted into one of our listed key festivals