Current and upcoming international opportunities for artists, creatives, professionals and organisations.
We are seeking an experienced consultant creative director to curate a UK season of culture in Italy in autumn 2020. The role is on a consultancy basis working 200 days from 1 February 2019 to 31 December 2020. The Season itself will run from September to December 2020.
- Opportunity: this is an exciting opportunity to showcase the best of UK culture in Italy (and Italian culture in the UK), to engage the next generation of British and Italian artists, creative entrepreneurs, influencers and researchers
- Fee: a consultancy fee will be paid for a maximum number of days (200) over the 23-month period, paid quarterly
- Deadline: 16 December 2018
- Open to: the consultant should have a minimum of five years experience in professional project/programme management and experience of engagement with the broad cultural sector, including arts, humanities, science and innovation
In advance of the UK/Italy Season in 2020, the British Council is organising a cultural delegation to Italy in March 2019. It will focus on the museums and galleries sector, with the purpose of exploring opportunities for collaboration and partnership between the UK and Italy. Register your interest now!
- Deadline: 31 January 2019
- Open to: UK museums or galleries focussing on the visual arts (not science or heritage)
We have launched the open call for the British Pavilion 2020. We want to see proposals that present bold ideas about contemporary British architecture that inspire debate and address today’s most relevant questions.
- Opportunity: to curate our exhibition at the next Venice Architecture Biennale hosted in the British Pavilion, a listed building opened originally as a tea house in 1897 in the Giardini in Venice
- Grant: production costs of up to £200,000 with £20,000 (plus VAT) granted to the lead applicant from your team
- Deadline: 18 February 2019
- Open to: a multi-disciplinary team which must include a curator and may include architects, curators, designers, critics and creatives. Members of the team do not need to be UK-born however, the nominated lead applicant should currently be a resident or working in the UK and have a strong connection to contemporary British architecture
China Now is a digital hub offering insights, exclusive content and opportunities for UK based creatives and organisations interested in working in China.
- Opportunity: insights, content and opportunities
- Deadline: N/A
- Open to: UK creatives and organisations
Connections through Culture is a long-term programme to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organisations, supporting long-lasting relationships between China and the UK.
- Grant: £2,500
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: artists and arts organisations in the UK and China
In partnership with the Department for Culture Media and Sport, the British Council have launched the Cultural Protection Fund. Our objective for the new £30 million fund is to help to create opportunities for economic and social development through building capacity to foster, safeguard and promote cultural heritage in conflict-affected regions overseas.
- Grant: £500 - £100,000+
- Deadline: small grants will be decided on upon a quarterly basis
- Open to: the Fund is designed with applications from UK organisations in mind, but any organisation is eligible to apply
In partnership with the BFI, British Council Film operates a Travel Grant Fund that supports filmmakers to travel to key international festivals with short films. There is a list of 60+ eligible festivals at the weblink.
- Grant: £100 - £1000
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: UK-based filmmakers with short films accepted into one of our listed key festivals
Creative Europe is the European Union's programme to support the cultural, creative and audiovisual sectors. From 2014-2020, €1.46 billion is available to support European projects with the potential to travel, reach new audiences and encourage skill sharing and development. Creative Europe brings together a Culture sub-programme, which provides funding for the cultural and creative sectors, and a MEDIA sub-programme, which invests in film, television, new media and games.
- Grant: various
- Deadline: rolling
- Open to: the creative, cultural and audiovisual sectors in Europe