Mandatory conversations are now closed - and we are no longer accepting expressions of interest. In order to apply for a grant, you must first have a mandatory conversation with a Cultural Protection Fund Grants Manager, which will enable us to assess your eligibility to submit an online application form.
During the call, which will be in English, the Grants Manager will discuss with you:
- Details about your organisation, as well as your partner organisations and your track record delivering similar projects
- The location, significance and value of the Cultural Heritage that you aim to protect
- The threat to the Cultural Heritage due to natural disasters and/or climate change
- The activities you are proposing to protect the cultural heritage at risk
- Whether or not you will be invited to apply
If you are invited to submit a full application, you will receive a confirmation email shortly after the conversation. Please note, due to the small budget for this pilot round, we will only invite a small number of full applications. If you are not invited to apply this does not mean that your project cannot be submitted to future Cultural Protection Fund funding rounds.
To arrange your mandatory conversation email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and location of the applicant organisation
- Name and location of any partner organisations
- Expected grant request
- Brief description of the project including the heritage, the risk and the proposed activities (100 words)
Please note that you will only be invited to have a mandatory conversation if your project falls with the Cultural Protection Fund's definition of cultural heritage, natural disasters and climate change, and eligible activities.