The British Council wishes to commission analysis of the latest thinking on the contribution that the arts can make towards fostering security and stability.
This aim of the brief is to produce a short discussion paper that identifies the best programme evidence and arguments that the British Council has at present to explain the contribution that arts and culture can make to global security and stability in general, and the UK security agenda in particular. The British Council wishes to use this research in order to advance the global policy debate on the value of the arts.
1. To provide analysis of the best available global academic research, latest trends and international developments on the subject of the contribution that the arts make towards fostering security and stability.
2. To provide an initial mapping and case studies of the main arts and culture programmes where there is some evidence of a contribution to security and stability. To identify the strongest arguments, evidence and any theories of change on how the arts and culture can contribute towards fostering security and stability.
The proposal must include:
- your proposed approach to respond to the research brief;
- your experience of evaluating international arts programmes, including CV’s of the researchers involved and one example of previous work;
- full cost, including a break-down of cost per phase / deliverable, hourly rates and anticipated number of hours involved in conducting the project. The available budget for this work is £10,000 including VAT.
Please download the documents below for further details.
Please submit your proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March 2018.