'We help to reaffirm the UK’s commitment to international relations based on collaboration, inclusion and freedom of expression.' – Sir Ciarán Devane, Chief Executive
'Today it is more critical than ever that the United Kingdom continues to build its reputation as a connected, attractive and trusted partner, a force for good in the world.' – Christopher Rodrigues CBE, Chair (until May 2019)
2018-19 facts and figures
Operating at scale
- We reached a total of 791 million people
- We engaged with 80 million people directly
- Over 100 million teachers and learners of English used our online resources.
Providing high-quality services
- 82 per cent of our customers reported learning new skills
- 80 per cent of our customers agree that our programmes are high quality.
Great value for money
- We generated £5.80 for every £1.00 of grant received – a total income of £1.25 billion
- We remitted £125 million in fees to UK awarding bodies for IELTS and other exams
- Our support costs are 15.6 per cent of our total income.