Join the Games! Share the moments! And WIN the PRIZE!
You love sports. You are proud of the beauty of Vietnam. Your head is always exploding with creative ideas. So this photo competition is definitely for YOU!
All you need to do is take a creative photo that includes the attached NOW picture (see below). It may be you holding the picture, a group of people holding the picture, a picture being placed at the centre of a creative installation or being placed in the natural beauty of Vietnam. Have a look at some excellent work by our Japanese colleagues to get some ideas.
There is no limit to creativity. You can make it as interesting and original as you want. The setting can be whatever or wherever you like, as long as the NOW picture is in the photo.
Please see below the step-by-step guidelines:
- Right-click on the NOW picture to save the JPEG file on to your device.
- Colour print the picture with A3 being the size recommended (but you are free to choose a bigger size and the print-out material as well)
- Take a photo with this print-out following your creative concept
- Email the photo to london2012NOW@britishcouncil.org.vn. Important notice: The maximum file size is 5Mb and the file must be saved in JPEG format.
- In the body message of the email, provide the following details:
- Your contact information including your full name, your mobile/home number, your current correspondence address
- A few lines describing the photo that you took – this description should explain the idea, the place the photo was taken and the people in the photo.
Your photo(s) will be uploaded to the British Council Vietnam English Facebook page, the British Council Vietnam website and the British Council Vietnam Flickr site starting 27 July when the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games opens. It will be nice to invite your friends to Like and Share your creative work on Facebook (but you need to Like the page in the first place).
There will be THREE prizes to be given. Each prize will be a pack of unique London 2012 gifts that include London 2012 toy cars, London 2012 Mascots soft toys, London 2012 bags, etc. The winners will also be involved in many of our fun and meaningful activities in the future.
Starting Date: NOW when you are reading this
Closing Date: Midnight of 12 August 2012 British Summer Time
The dates the entries start to be uploaded onto Facebook: 27 July 2012
The judging board
The judging board consists of members of the Arts, Marketing and Communications teams at the British Council Vietnam. The judging board also involved representatives from the British Embassy.
Rules and Regulations
- The judging board reserves all unquestionable rights over the decision on final winners.
- The competition is open to everyone currently residing in Vietnam and Vietnamese citizens overseas
- Competitors may submit more than ONE entry each (but not all photos will be chosen for uploading).
- The judging board reserves all the unquestionable rights over the decision of whether or not to upload a specific photo. We will avoid uploading photos that depict content we consider unsuitable for general audiences, especially the young.
- The prize will be given to the person who emails the photo to london2012NOW@britishcouncil.org.vn. If more than one person emails the same photo, the photo entry will be deemed ineligible, so please avoid this.
- The British Council is not responsible for any dispute between the parties involved in the winning entry as well as any competing entry.
- By joining the competition, the entrant must get the consent given by every single person who appears in the photo to use the photo.
- The entrants must get agreement from every single person who appears in the photo that the British Council reserves the right to use the photo for the purposes described in the following paragraphs 10, 11, 12, 13. The British Council is not responsible for any dispute regarding this.
- Only simple Photoshop editing such as cropping, colour adjusting is allowed. Photos that use too many Photoshop techniques and photos which are purely Photoshop products will be ruled out of the competition.
- The British Council will use your photo for the purpose of promoting British Council activities. This may include placing your photo in our publications, in our promotional materials and digital platforms (website, Facebook, etc). In addition we may also pass your photo to any of our overseas offices, where necessary, for the above purpose. We may also place your photo on trusted third party websites and allow for other third parties to display or embed your photo on their own websites.
- As the British Council is an international organisation, promoting British Council activities may involve the global distribution of our publications and promotional materials as well as placing your photo on our websites that are accessible worldwide.
- The British Council may edit and manipulate the content of your photo for operational and editorial reasons. This will not be to the detriment of your character or reputation.
- By joining this competition you agree that we may use your entry/entries for the purposes above and consent to any global transfer and distribution they may entail.