As the UK’s international organisation for educational and cultural relations, we are able to create unparalleled opportunities in English language learning and cultural exchange. We have a network of 127 centres around the world sharing materials and ideas about course design and teaching. Recognised as a provider of high quality English language services with a variety of programmes to choose from, our organisation is well placed to help you achieve your goals.
Our teachers are certified professionals. They are fully qualified and experienced in teaching English as a foreign language and use progressive methods of teaching to help you communicate and enjoy the experience of learning English.
We will help you to achieve your language learning goals in the following ways:
- by providing a supportive learning environment which allows you to experiment
- by conducting lessons entirely in English
- by placing a strong emphasis on developing your communication skills
- by learning using varied and interactive classroom activities
- by using up-to-date methods, coursebooks and specially chosen additional materials
- by developing your self-study skills
- by giving a regular feedback and counselling
- by exposing you to the latest in contemporary British culture.
Our levels and end-of-course certificates are tied to the Common European Framework, devised by the Council of Europe. The CEF is recognised as a measure of language competence by employers and institutions across Europe.
You can choose from a wide variety of courses to suit your own individual needs. These range from general and business English courses through to exam preparation courses and more specialised, tailor-made courses.
You have a chance to sit internationally-recognised exams including the most popular of them IELTS and Cambridge ESOL. We can help you get prepared to your exams at our exam preparation courses.
We have light, fully-equipped, comfortable, modern classrooms. As a student on our English language courses you have free access to British Council English learning resources including multimedia computers.
Please download and read our Customer Service Standards.