- Check which version of IELTS you need - IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training?
- Check the requirements of your chosen organisation or institution by searching on Who accepts IELTS?
- If you plan to emigrate, contact the relevant immigration authority to find out which version of IELTS you need, and the score required.
- Quality test venues
- Online Registration System coupled with online payment
- Free IELTS Briefing sessions
- Free 30 hour online training on 'Road to IELTS'
- Visit the British Council IELTS Online Registration System at: https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/UAE
- Search for the available test dates and venues from the left panel.
- Check availability of the test date and centre and make a suitable selection by pressing Apply button.
- Accept the IELTS Terms and Conditions in the next step after you have chosen a test date and centre.
- Fill in the IELTS online candidate registration form in the next step after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Upload your Identity Document (Please remember that your ID document must be manually checked by your centre before your application can be accepted. Your application is not complete until your ID document has been checked) if you want to complete your registration online. Alternatively you can submit them manually at any of our British Council offices.
- You can either pay online or come to British Council offices to make the payment. In case if you want to pay manually at British Council, please make sure the payment is made within 3 days of your booking unless otherwise your booking will be automatically cancelled.
- Then check your application details before you submit the application.
- Submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now or using the Pay Now option if you are paying online. You will then receive an email containing details about your test booking. (Please note that if your uploaded ID is not acceptable you will receive an e-mail to re-submit your ID and that has to be done within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail)
- Once your payment and photo & ID documents have been received and checked by us, a confirmation email will be sent to you containing all the details about your test venue and complete instructions regarding your test.
- Access to Road to IELTS- online practice materials will be given on the next working day after we receive your documents and the fees
- In case if candidates go for registration at Abu Dhabi office, he/she will have to fill in a paper application form which can be downloaded from http://www.britishcouncil.org/me-uae-new-ielts_application_form.pdf
AED 875 (till 31 December 2013)
AED 895 (from 1 January 2014 onwards)
Please note that you will not be allowed to enter exam hall without the original ID that you used during your registration.
Once you register online and upload your document, you may either opt for online or offline payment.
- In case of online payment, please use Visa/Master Card to make the payment for the test.
- In case of the offline payment, print the online application and visit the British Council offices to pay for the exam. Payment must be received within three days of your online booking unless otherwise your registration will be automatically cancelled.
In either cases confirmation email will be sent to you within 2 working days of receiving the payment.
Please also note that the confirmation is subject to the verification of your ID document.
- Alternatively you may also visit the British Council offices along with the ID document to register for IELTS and pay for the test, as mentioned below in 'How to Pay'. Confirmation email will be sent to you within 2 working days of receiving your document and the payment.
- Candidates who register with the British Council for the IELTS exam will get access to Road to IELTS, online practice materials. Access will be given within 2 next working day after your registration/ once we receive your documents and the fees. The link to ‘Road to IELTS’ is sent to the candidate as part of the confirmation email.
- For offline payment, print out of the Application Summary Page that has got a unique reference number in it (we will not be able to process your application without this).
- Registration fees( AED 875 till 31 December 2013 and AED 895 from 1 January 2014 onwards)
- A clear copy of one of the permitted ID Documents listed below, which should be valid until the test day. The number of this document will appear on your Test Report Form.
2. Emirates ID
3. Labour Card
4. Bedouin ID
Kindly note that:
- You must produce the ID, that you uploaded or submitted during registration, on the exam day to enter the exam hall.
- You’ll be required to come at the venue on the exam day along with two recent, identical passport size photographs (not more than 6 months). It should be taken against a plain, clear, contrast background so that facial features (eyes, nose & mouth) are clearly distinguishable, head facing the camera, mouth closed with a neutral expression, eyes open and clearly visible (without spectacles). The face must not be covered. If there is a problem with scanning the photos, we may ask you to provide another photograph.