CiSELT is a two-level course:
- CiSELT Proficiency is focused on key methodological issues for teachers with approximately two years experience.
- CiSELT Advanced focuses on more specialised topics and the development of creative teaching and learning approaches.
Each level will be separately certificated.
Teachers starting the CiSELT Advanced course will be at the Stage Four - Proficient - on the CPD Framework. On successful completion of CiSELT Advanced, teachers will have acquired the skills and competencies to consider themselves in Stage Five - Advanced - of the CPD Framework.
The course is made up of the following mainly mandatory modules:
•Content Focussed Learning and Teaching
•Creative Learning and Teaching
•Special Needs and Inclusive Learning
All units in CiSELT Advanced are optional though it is necessary to choose at least two units from each module..
CiSELT Proficient has been created as a moderated course. This means that the course has fixed start dates and you join a group of trainees to work though the materials according to a schedule. You will be expected to interact with each other and you will be led and supported by an online tutor, who moderates discussions and develops learning points.
Interested in trying out some of the CiSELT Proficient course materials before you enrol?
All you need to do to access the free sample units is:
- First register here free of charge
- Confirm your registration by clicking on the link in the email you will receive in your inbox.
- Access the free sample units
|Continuous Professional Development Framework
|Minimum language level required
||Teachers of Secondary learners
|Study time required
||3 hours a week
||Build into the course content
To enrol on this course:
Do you have more questions about our online courses or about the CiSELT Proficient course? You will find your answers here
Go back to homepage