To grow and develop as an organisation it is vital that we continue to bring fresh ideas and creativity into the British Council. Each year we take on between 10 and 12 interns over a 12 week summer period from mid June to early September.
As one of our interns you will learn new skills whilst exercising your own initiative and creativity.
As part of the programme you will join a specific department and work with a dedicated line manager. You will also partake in a group project and receive vocational training as part of the scheme.
Applications for the scheme are now closed.
Last years vacancies were as follows:
- Arts – Film Assistant
- Arts – Literature Assistant
- Arts – Music Assistant
- Business Development - Partnerships and business development Assistant
- Education and Society – Schools Digital Support Officer
- Education and Society – Digital Assistant, Society
- Education and Society – Science Digital Marketing and Communications Assistant
- Corporate HQ – Corporate Communications Assistant
- Corporate HQ – External Relations Assistant
- Digital team – Digital Content Assistant
- Information technology services – Knowledge Management Assistant
The deadline for applications for our 2014 scheme has now passed. Please refer to the below section 'application process'to learn more about our timelines for the internship scheme.