Across all areas of our work, science will provide a common platform for collaboration and discussion that brings people together across deep cultural divides. We will work to integrate science into our core areas of work in the Arts, English, Education and Society. Through this we will:
- Support the international mobility of researchers between the UK and countries overseas through the provision of information and advice.
- Demonstrate the creativity and innovation of UK science to young people overseas; and demonstrate other sources of innovative science around the world to young UK scientists.
- Demonstrate that science is a central driver for social and cultural change, and therefore central to cultural relations.
- Demonstrate that the UK's approach to scientific debate is democratic and rigorous and that we all have much to gain in participating in cross-border dialogues about science.
- Reflect the plurality of views in the UK about creativity and innovation and we will be an impartial and trusted international partner.
- Initiate and sustain, among a wider audience, conversations and discussions about the connections between science, technology and society, thereby inspiring a new generation to find out more about the UK and the impact of science on people's lives.
- Use new technologies to create access and spark conversations for, and about, scientific creativity and innovation and, thereby, demonstrate our commitment to people who use new technologies in their everyday lives.