1. BEFORE YOU REGISTER!
- Check which version of IELTS you need - IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training?
- Check the requirements of your chosen organisation or institution by searching on Who accepts IELTS?
- If you plan to emigrate, contact the relevant immigration authority to find out which version of IELTS you need, and the score required.
2. HOW TO REGISTER?
- Step 1: Visit the British Council IELTS online booking system
- Step 2: Search for the available test dates and venues from the left panel.
- Step 3: Check availability of the test date and make a suitable selection by pressing Apply button.
- Step 4: Accept the IELTS Terms and Conditions after you have chosen a test date and centre.
- Step 5: Fill in the IELTS online candidate registration form after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Step 6: Upload your Identity Document (Qataris: National ID/Passport and non-Qataris: Passport only) Please note the ID document can only be uploaded in the image format (.jpg, .bmp, .jpeg, .gif, .tif). Alternatively you can submit them manually at our British Council office.
- Step 7: Either pay online or come to British Council office to make the payment. In case if you want to pay manually at British Council, please make sure the payment is made within 3 days of your booking unless otherwise you’re booking will be automatically cancelled.
- Step 8: Check your application details before you submit the application.
- Step 9: Submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now or using the Pay Now option if you are paying online. You will then receive an email containing details about your test booking. (Please note that if your uploaded ID is not accepted you will receive an e-mail to re-submit your ID and that has to be done within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail)
- Step 10: Once your payment & ID documents have been received and checked by us, a confirmation email will be sent to you containing all the details about your test venue and complete instructions regarding your test. Please note you will also receive access to Road to IELTS- online practice materials
* The Passport should be valid on the day of the test. Candidate with invalid passport on the day of the test will not be allowed to take the exam and no refund or transfer will be given.
Please inform us at the time of registration if you have a disability or other condition and need us to make special arrangements for you on test day. If you are booking online, make this clear in your application.
The address where you take the test may be confirmed after booking and is often different from the test center’s administrative office address.
Test fees: QAR 875.00
- Qataris: Passport/Qatari ID
- Non- Qataris: Passport Only
Please note that you will not be allowed to enter exam hall without the original ID that you used during your registration.
Option 1: Once you register online and upload your document (image format: .jpg, .bmp, .jpeg, .gif, .tif), you may either opt for online or offline payment.
- In case of online payment, please use Visa/Master Card to make the payment for the test.
- In case of the offline payment, print the online application and visit the British Council office to pay for the exam. Payment must be received within 3 days of your online booking otherwise your registration will be automatically cancelled.
In either cases confirmation email will be sent to you within 2 working days of receiving the payment.
Please also note that the confirmation is subject to the verification of your ID document.
- Alternatively you may also visit the British Council office along with the ID document to register for IELTS and pay for the test, as mentioned below in 'How to Pay'. Confirmation email will be sent to you within 2 working days of receiving your document and the payment.
- Candidates who register with the British Council for the IELTS exam will get access to Road to IELTS, online practice materials. The link to ‘Road to IELTS’ is sent to the candidate as part of the confirmation email.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS-REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS AND FEES:
- For offline payment, print out of the Application Summary Page that has got a unique reference number in it
- Registration fees QAR 875
- A clear copy of one of the permitted ID Documents (Qataris: Passport/Qatari ID Non- Qataris: Passport Only), which should be valid until the test day. The number of this document will appear on your Test Report Form.
Kindly note that:
- You must produce the ID, which you uploaded or submitted during registration, on the exam day to enter the exam hall.
- You’ll be required to come at the venue on the exam day as per the timings on the confirmation letter. If there is a technical problem on the test day with the photos, we may ask you to provide another photograph.