FOLLOW US LIVE ON WEBCAST!
On Tuesday 8 February 2011 British Council, CICERO and Oxford Global Media host a full-day seminar on climate change communication and reporting at the House of Literature in Oslo. The seminar brings together 200 professionals in the field of media, communication, science and academia to discuss climate change communication and reporting. The seminar is followed by a debate on the future of climate reporting.
We will address important questions, such as: How is the press reporting on climate change? What can we learn from Climategate? How should we communicate scientific uncertainty? What determines how people perceive climate change?
Hear speakers, such as:
- Erik Solheim, the Norwegian Minister for the Environment and International Development
- Roger Harrabin, the world’s first environment and climate change journalist and a senior analyst at BBC News
- Fred Pearce, journalist and regular contributor to New Scientist and The Guardian, author of the book The Climate Files and many more
- Naomi Oreskes, Professor at the University of California and author of bestselling book The Merchants of Doubt
- Magnus Takvam, News analyst at NRK
- Fiona Fox, Director of the Science Media Centre
- Bob Ward, Director of Policy and Communications at the Grantham Research Institute, LSE
….and many more!
For full programme and scheduling visit: