IELTS is recognised and trusted by over 6,000 organisations worldwide as proof of a candidate's English language proficiency and has reached 1. 7 million candidates in the last year.
Half day IELTS information seminar: Belfast 9 May 2012
In order to give you a greater understanding of the test and an opportunity to provide us with your own feedback, we would like to invite you to a half day IELTS information seminar.
The seminar is free of charge and includes lunch. Registration will be from 10:30 until 11:00 and the seminar will finish by 15:00.
The seminar is aimed at:
- International recruitment and admissions staff in the education sector
- International registration or recruitment staff in professional organisations
- Immigration authorities in the UK and professional registration bodies
Please note the seminar is not open to students, prospective IELTS candidates or IELTS preparation class teachers.
The half day workshop will include a series of presentations and interactive workshops and opportunities for discussion aimed at leaving you more informed on many aspects of the test such as:
- test statistics and research
- test format and content
- skills tested
- test paper production procedures
- test results - what the band scores really mean with particular focus on speaking and writing skills
- testing technology, security and the Test Report Form verification service
- test accessibility
- new developments
Members of the IELTS team will be attending the seminar and you will be able to meet them and network with other delegates during lunch and coffee breaks.
We have limited places available - registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
To register please contact Sue.Davies@britishcouncil.org
Please feel free to forward this invitation to any colleagues who may not have received it and would also benefit from attending.